Boards & Committees
City of White Rock Committee Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering is a great way for residents to get involved, provide input and expertise on important issues and make a positive contribution to our community. The City is calling for volunteers to serve on the following Committees:
Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (ACAC)
The Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee (formerly known as the Cultural Advisory Committee) will collaborate with stakeholders in the community to develop and implement the City's next Cultural Strategic Plan.
Up to thirteen (13) members are sought for appointment until December 31, 2020.
Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC)
The Environmental Advisory Committee is to advise City Council and staff on environmental matters that have been directly referred to the Committee by Council and/or the Chief Administrative Officer. The Environmental Advisory Committee will also review the City's Integrated Storm-Water Management Plan and the Environmental Plan.
Up to seven (7) members are sought for appointment until December 31, 2020.
- Applicants must not be employees of the City of White Rock.
- Applicants who live or own property in the City of White Rock will be considered first (unless otherwise noted in the Terms of Reference).
- Applications should be able to serve the full term of the appointment. A full term consists of two years, unless stated otherwise in the Terms of Reference.
As these are volunteer positions successful candidates serve without remuneration.
- Carefully review the mandate for each select committee and task force and identify which ones interest you. The committee mandates can be found on the City website at policies.
- Download and complete the application (PDF) form available online. The form is also available to be picked up in the City’s Administration Department.
- All applications should include a resume or cover letter.
- Applications should be marked to the attention of the Director of Corporate Administration.
The information submitted will be considered by Council as part of the appointment process. Once the decisions have been made, all applicants will be contacted with respect to their submissions.
Applications can be submitted via any of the following methods:
- Email Corporate Administration
- Mail or hand delivered to:
Corporate Administration, City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Avenue
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
Applications are to be submitted by 4:00 pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
How Appointments Are Made
Appointments are made by City Council. Appointments are for 2 year terms unless otherwise indicated by Council. Terms are generally from January 1st to December 31st.
Applicants will receive a letter advising of Council’s decision once the appointments have been made.
*Note: Copies of all applications will be made available to White Rock City Council and required staff for the sole purpose of making appointments and communicating with the Boards, Committees, Commissions and Panels. Your information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for this purpose and for contacting appointed persons with information regarding meetings.
For more information please contact Corporate Administration at:
- Email Corporate Administration
- Phone: 604-541-2127
The City of White Rock Council establishes Committees, Commissions, and other advisory bodies from time to time to ensure opportunities for input from specified groups or members of the general public.
To see what task force or select committee meetings are being held, please view the Events Calendar.