The City of White Rock, Parks Department truly has something for everyone. Featuring over 80 acres of park land, visitors and residents alike can participate in the wide variety of leisure opportunities in our Parks. Enjoy the majestic views from our hillside walkways, a game of soccer at Centennial Park, a quiet family barbecue at Bayview Park or an evening stroll along the stunning promenade.
Off Leash Dog Area
On October 5, 2012 the City of White Rock officially opened the off leash dog area. The off leash dog area, which is located in Ruth Johnson Park between the Mel Edwards building and the playground, has been close to a year in the making. The large, treed and fenced area is great location for residents and their dogs to enjoy. Those using the off-leash dog area are encouraged to pick up after their pets in order to ensure a clean area for all users.
|Area||Distance in Feet
||Distance in Miles
||Distance in Kilometres
|Pier to Bay Street
|Pier to Finlay Street
Please note, that the following are prohibited on the pier and promenade
- Dogs, with the exception of guide dogs
- Inline Skating
- Fields Status Reports
- Maintenance of sports fields and other recreational facilities
- Removal of debris from the beach
- Removal of trash from Parks and the waterfront
- Service and maintenance of irrigation systems and drinking fountains
- Support staff for special events such as the Tour de White Rock
- Tree, shrub and turf maintenance
- Trimming of roadsides, lanes, boulevards and pedestrian walkways
- Upkeep of playground areas, dedicated benches and picnic facilities
Parks Bylaws & Policies
Bylaw No. 1567 - A Bylaw to provide for the management of tree removal on private lands on or near ravines and watercourses, and in areas identified as containing significant stands of trees.
Bylaw No. 675 (PDF) - A Bylaw to regulate and govern the use of Parks. Council Policy - No. 605 Tree Removal (Parks)