Economic development advisory Committee
Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings of 50 or more persons. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City has postponed all public information meetings, public hearings and meetings of the City’s Boards and Committees until the end of May, 2020. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month (or as scheduled) at 4:00 p.m.
- White Rock Community Centre - 15154 Russell Avenue
* For a full list of 2020 Committee dates please see the 2020 Committee Meeting Calendar on the main Boards & Committees Page
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Economic Development Advisory Committee is a select committee of Council. The purpose of the Economic Development Advisory Committee is to advise City Council and staff regarding matters referred to the Committee by Council regarding economic investment in the City. This Committee was previously known as the Economic Investment Committee.
Advisory Body Resources
- Terms of Reference - Council Policy 137
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Council Policy 120
Council Representatives (non-voting):
|Councillor Anthony Manning|
|Councillor Helen Fathers (Alternate)|
|Brian Hagerman, Chairperson||Garry Wolgemuth, Vice-Chairperson|
|Tyson Blume||Graham Cameron|
|Stephen Crozier||Gary Gumley|
|Ashok Gupta||Ernie Klassen|
|Carolyn Latzen||John Lawrence|
|William McKinnon||Gord Schoberg|
|Lenore Van Oene|
|Alex Nixon, Representative of the White Rock BIA|
|Cathy James, Representative of Tourism White Rock|
|Ritu Khanna, Representative of the SS/WR Chamber of Commerce|
* All members of the Economic Development Advisory Committee have been appointed with a term ending December 31, 2020.