Dogs on the Promenade Task Force
Important Note: In order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the Provincial Health Officer has implemented limitations on gatherings of 50 or more persons. To respect this limitation and keep the public safe, the City has postponed all public information meetings, public hearings and meetings of the City’s Boards and Committees until the end of May, 2020. The City will continue to monitor the health advisories and limitations established by the Province and until such time as these limitations are lifted, postpone any meeting that may result in public gathering.
- 3rd Wednesday of every month (or as scheduled) at 4:00 p.m.
- White Rock City Hall -15322 Buena Vista Ave
* For a full list of 2020 Committee dates please see the 2020 Committee Meeting Calendar on the main Boards & Committees Page.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
City of White Rock Council has approved a trial period for dogs on leash to be allowed to be on the Waterfront Promenade. The term of the trial period is from October 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
The Dogs on the Promenade Task Force has been formed in advance of the trial period to determine the approach that will be used to assess the relative success or failure of allowing dogs on the promenade prior to the trial period. The outcomes of this assessment are expected to be used to determine if dogs should be allowed on the promenade beyond the trial period (on a seasonal basis).
Advisory Body Resources
- Terms of Reference - Council Policy 162
- Council and Committee Procedure Bylaw 2232
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members - Council Policy 120
|Councillor Scott Kristjanson, Chairperson|
|Councillor Helen Fathers (alternate)|
|Annabelle MacDonald||Arlene MacDonald|
|Kim Sanderson||Diane Scott|
|Jane Thrall||Garry Wolgemuth|