What is the right-of-way on my property for?

For specific details and/or copies of legal documents contact the New Westminster Land Titles Office. The Land Titles Office is located at: 

Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia
New Westminster Land Title Office
Anvil Centre OfficeTower
Suite 500 - 11 Eighth Street
New Westminster, BC V3M 3N7

If entering from the parking garage, use the Office Tower elevators to access the Land Title Office on the Fifth Floor. From street level, use the Eighth Street entrance. 

Phone: 604-660-8141

For general information contact the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 604-541-2181. Rights-of-ways are areas where the City has the right to construct and maintain City services on private property. Easements pertain to agreements between 2 private landowners.

Show All Answers

1. When I smell gas or suspect a gas leak, who do I contact?
2. Who do I contact to report a power outage or an electrical emergency? How do I find out the status of a power outage?
3. As a resident of White Rock how can I dispose of my green/yard waste? What is considered yard waste?
4. I have just completed a house renovation, will the City pick up the construction material?
5. Who do I contact to find out more information on boat moorage at the White Rock Pier?
6. How can I get Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates or latitude / longitude for a property in White Rock?
7. Where can I find the location and coordinates for the Integrated Survey Monuments?
8. Can you fix a streetlight that is out?
9. How do I report a traffic signal that isn't working properly?
10. There is a tree obstructing driver sight lines at an intersection, who should I call?
11. Can I have a driveway access to the lane behind my property or from the street?
12. How can I find out how much traffic uses a certain street?
13. Does the City of White Rock have a traffic calming policy?
14. I'm digging on my property and need to know where my sanitary / storm sewer or other utility connections are located, who do I call?
15. How do I go about getting a refund of my damage deposit?
16. How do I report a private contractor or resident making changes to the City Boulevard, illegal filling, or soil removal?
17. I need to place a construction bin on the City Boulevard or at curb side, do I require a permit?
18. I want to create a parking area on the boulevard in front of my house, do I require a permit?
19. I am a contractor needing specifications for installation of offsite services, where can I find them?
20. What is the right-of-way on my property for?
21. My servicing is now completed and I would like a refund of my bond / reduction on the letter of credit, what do I need to do?
22. I'm looking at subdividing my lot, is there somewhere I can get a rough, ballpark estimate on servicing costs?
23. I want to install or rebuild a retaining wall along a City boulevard. Do I require a permit?