Roads & Streets

Cars stopped at red light in City

The City's Public Works department manages road repair and maintenance including pothole repair, road markings, street cleaning, sidewalk maintenance, and traffic signs. Learn more about each item below.

To submit a Request for Service:

  • Submit a Request for Service online 
  • Call the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 604-541-2181 (Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday)
  • If you call after hours, please press 2 to automatically be forwarded to Fire Dispatch
  • Email

Truck Routes

A truck is a vehicle exceeding 5,500 kg GVW. Read the full definition and view a map of the City's Truck Route in the Street & Traffic Bylaw No. 1529.

White Rock's Truck Route includes:

  • North Bluff Road
  • Marine Drive
  • Stayte Road
  • Thrift Avenue (partial)
  • Finlay Street (partial)
  • Best Street (partial)
  • Oxford Street (partial)
  • Nichol Road (partial)

Truck travel is restricted to the truck route, except when a truck’s origin or destination is not located on the network. In those cases, a truck must take the shortest route from the network to their destination and back.


Improvements to the boulevard on City property must meet the approval of the City Engineer. If you wish to improve your boulevard, a Road Alteration Permit is required. The City does not accept responsibility for the landscaping and maintenance of boulevards adjacent to private property.

Learn more about boulevard improvements.


For more information on streets and roads in White Rock, contact the Engineering and Municipal Operations Department at 604-541-2181 or email