White Rock Information Technology Department ensures the networks, computers, and systems that support the City are secure and effective. They are responsible for the management, oversight, coordination, and planning of core:
- Geographic information systems
A wide variety of Corporate Network and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) water utility network assets are also managed and maintained, with complementary technology (including routers, firewalls, switches and data storage devices), ensuring high quality computing, and support communications services are delivered.
Additionally, a Geographic Information System with nearly 300 data sets is maintained with application development and end user support provided.
Services are provided in 5 areas:
- Business Development - Business process and operations efficiencies are used to enable rapid response and technology changes in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Infrastructure - Modern infrastructure architectures and network services are deployed across the City to ensure high performance resiliency and reliability.
- Digital Engagement Services - Adaptive technology is provided to meet the online engagement needs of the community and organization.
- Cybersecurity - Key City infrastructure architecture is continuously monitored to detect, assess, and protect against internal and external threats.
- Enterprise Applications - Configuration and integration support for enterprise applications such as Tempest, Perfect Mind, iCity, SCADA, and ArcGIS.