Development Planning & Applications
What is Development Planning?
Development planning refers to the technical review and processing of development applications received by the City of White Rock. Using various City plans and policies, Planning staff undertake a critical and professional evaluation of all development applications received by the City. Depending on the type of application, public consultation and notice may be required at various points during the review and approval process.
List of Current Development Applications
Please click the following link to see the White Rock Current Development Applications sheet (PDF). Be aware that this list updated on a monthly basis. Additionally, project statistics outlined in an application’s description are approximately only, and may change prior to final approval.
For the most up-to-date information on any particular development application, please contact Planning & Development Services staff by emailing Planning.
Before you begin...
- Consider a pre-application meeting!
- Prior to submitting any development application(s), please contact the Planning & Development Services Department to arrange a pre-application meeting to discuss your proposal, identify what applications may be required and answer any questions you may have. Submitting an development application does not automatically guarantee approval of your proposal.
- Ensure that your application is complete!
- Pursuant to Section 21.0 Development Approvals Information of the White Rock Official Community Plan and the White Rock Planning Procedures Bylaw, additional information may be required before your application is considered complete. Staff will only accept a full and complete application at time of intake. You will need to verify your particular application requirements with Planning staff.
- Review our requirements!
- Your application will be processed in accordance with the requirements of various City bylaws and Council policies. Anyone who intends to proceed with an application should read all relevant portions of the White Rock Planning Procedures Bylaw, 2017, No. 2220 (PDF) for a full understanding of the City’s procedural and submission requirements. Full information regarding frequently requested Planning documents is available at our Resources and Documents page.
- Read the following information!
- For additional information on different types of development applications, please view the following sections below: