Notice of Claim

Making a Claim Against the City

If you believe your property has been damaged, and/or you have been injured as a result of actions by the City of White Rock, and you wish to make a claim against the City, you may do so by submitting written notice of your claim, either by completing an Online Notice of Claim Form, or by writing to the City including the following information:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number(s)
  • Date and approximate time of incident
  • Location of incident (be as specific as possible)
  • Description of damages or injury (provide any invoices if available)
  • Description of incident
  • Description of cause of incident and why you believe the City is responsible
  • Names of witnesses, City employees, or any other persons involved, if applicable
  • Photographs of any property damage, if applicable / available.

In the event of property damage, we recommend that you notify your insurer prior to contacting the City. Your insurance policy may be primary and provide coverage of the property damage. Your insurer will conduct an investigation into the cause and origin of the damage.

Submit your notice of claim to:
The Corporation of the City of White Rock
Corporate Administration Department
Attn: Neelam Takhar
15322 Buena Vista Avenue
White Rock BC V4B 1Y6
Email Neelam Takhar

When White Rock receives your claim

  • An investigation is commenced
  • You will receive a written acknowledgement of your Notice of Claim
  • A decision will be made upon the completion of the investigation
  • You will be notified in writing of the decision

A thorough investigation of your claim may take several weeks. Please direct any inquiries about your claim to the Administration Department by emailing Neelam Takhar

Note: White Rock will only pay claims where it is considered legally liable for the damages that you have sustained.